Poop Eater

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: Poop Eater

Post by WLLady » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:58 pm

Thats th only thing i learned from wildlife biology....warm meal on a cold day.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Poop Eater

Post by ross » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:04 pm

Yep -35 F , Ranch Border Collie dragging a steaming calf afterbirth up to the cabin window while I'm having my morn coffee . Warm start to a cold day . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Flat Rock Farm

Poop Eater

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:44 pm

OMG you have got one bat poop crazy silkie there Sandy, LOL :barf: I know Forbid is a powder that you can add to dog food to make it taste horrible coming out the other end but not sure it can be used in chickens. That is just NASTY!!!!! :barf:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Poop Eater

Post by windwalkingwolf » Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:15 am

I really think Bossy Boots was pecked in the head as a chick. It would explain EVERYTHING.

Flat Rock Farm

Poop Eater

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:01 am

I think your right WWW!! :chicken-egg:

SandyM

Poop Eater

Post by SandyM » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:15 am

She definitely is my drama chicken. If there's a challenge to be had she's going to present me with it. :doh:

She's a buffet poop eater
She couldnt walk properly because she had a leg band on
She eats feathers off her man, plucks him bare stop pick or not
She won't let anyone eat at HER feeder (which is any feeder she's at)
She won't eat the treats because she is too busy defending the food from the rest of the flock (which I of course override)
If your shoelaces aren't done up they are fair game

When I moved my broody mom up to the screened in room / XL dog crate it's because I walked into the pen and saw bossy boots in the coop, with broody moms head feathers in her mouth as she was pulling on them and trying to get into the nesting box. I wrapped that party up instantly.

Oh silkies are sweet and docile, don't worry. LOL.

Flat Rock Farm

Poop Eater

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:44 am

Just watch her Sandy if your broody silkies hatch's those babies she will be the first one to kill them too if given the opportunity.

SandyM

Poop Eater

Post by SandyM » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:45 am

It looks like the poop-fest might be over. For now. She's been on eggs since yesterday. I was expecting her to be out of the box this morning like the other 10 times she's contemplated motherhood, but she's still on them. The real test will be treats this afternoon.

SandyM

Poop Eater

Post by SandyM » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:47 am

Flat Rock Farm wrote:QR_BBPOST Just watch her Sandy if your broody silkies hatch's those babies she will be the first one to kill them too if given the opportunity.
Omg!! Such viciousness!!!

I'm building a 'moms den' in a few weeks. Maybe I'll build 2. Just little secure coops, no need for a cottage when it will be a temporary home.

SandyM

Poop Eater

Post by SandyM » Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:37 pm

"Mom, you got any mouthwash??" :barf:

Potty mouth redefined with this girl! She has poop on her beak and feathers .
Attachments
image.jpeg

Return to “Health”