Wheezing and Sneezing Hen

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Jenny d
Newly Hatched Chick

Wheezing and Sneezing Hen

Post by Jenny d » Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:45 am

Hello All,
I'm hoping for some advice. One of my favourite easter egger hens has been wheezing and sneezing the last couple of days.
No other birds in my flock have symptoms presently.
I used to be able to take my birds to a local vet, but they aren't allowed to have poultry on site anymore.
I have her separated, she is otherwise normal, eating, drinking, free ranging, begging for treats.
Is there anything I can give her that would help?
j
I want all the chickens :chickennet:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Wheezing and Sneezing Hen

Post by kenya » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:05 pm

You could try vetrx

Jenny d
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Jenny d » Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Where do you get it?
I want all the chickens :chickennet:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:33 pm

You can get it from Amazon. Does she seem like she had a 'cold' ? What does her chest sound like, clear or congested ? She may have an upper respiratory infection. Typically, I treat with Denagard. That's a little more tricky to get, https://www.twincitypoultrysupplies.com/ will ship to Canada. You can't just run across the border any more. Good to keep her separated from the rest of the flock. Probably, infected by migrating birds. Good luck with her.

Return to “Health”