Miss Kitty

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Miss Kitty

Post by Jaye » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:21 pm

Oh, dear. That doesn't look good. Have you tried flushing with polysporin for eyes?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Jaye wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:21 pm
Oh, dear. That doesn't look good. Have you tried flushing with polysporin for eyes?
I know it sounds odd but that's not swelling. Her eyelds are thick and almost lumpy. They always have been but it's worsening as she ages. I did do eye drops on her a little over a year ago for a couple weeks because another chicken pecked her in the eye. When they go after her they seem to be attracted to her eyes which is why I don't leave her in general population anymore. She had a good day inside the fenced garden today with me tasting tomatoes and dust bathing.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:36 pm

As soon as I hit send I had a thought that her eyelids are like cauliflower ears on boxers.

Return to “Health”