Fertility

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Fertility

Post by Kbr42 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:45 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:50 am
Is Oliver with the wyandottes? I am not sure at the moment whether the fertility problem is Chunky or the girls. I don't have any fertile Wyandotte eggs even from the ladies with Frank. Odd since there was fertility in January.
Oliver is out with everyone except for silkies and Swedish flower hens. I'm looking for Olive Egger chicks so I'm just grabbing those eģgs. But since March, zero viable eggs. Very odd. Now he's going to be 7yrs this year and he won't stand to have another rooster out with him. Which is why my silkies are in another pen and coop. Oliver is the main man :stars:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:34 am

Sooooo, you could save me from myself and get some of those blue and green eggs from me, set them yourself and see if you get any olives???????
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:43 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:34 am
Sooooo, you could save me from myself and get some of those blue and green eggs from me, set them yourself and see if you get any olives???????
Totally happy to do that for you....under the condition you take them back once they hatch.....I'm watching my package of hatching eggs coming from Alberta right now...they should be here by tomorrow I'm setting those eggs Thursday night or Friday morning. I've been very selective this summer. I've only been hatching light coloured silkies...buff, red pile, blue creams. The eggs that are coming are splash and paints. That's all I'm keeping.......so happy to hatch along with mine :stars: just let me know :wee:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 am

I don't take chickens into the flock at all except for from one source, however I will do a hatch (hopefully) and we'll see what the results are. If I end up with some olive eggers we'll talk? Your new eggs sound interesting we'll wait for pics.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Health”