Rodent peanut allergy ?

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Shnookie
Free Ranging

Re: Rodent peanut allergy ?

Post by Shnookie » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 pm

After reading this I did a compare of the ingredients in Kraft Smooth peanut butter (the one I usually use) and Great Value peanut butter. I didn't look at the Jiffy peanut butter.

Kraft Smooth
Select roasted peanuts, soybean oil, corn, maltodextrin, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil (cotton seed and rapeseed oil), salt, mono and diglycerides.

Great Value
Peanuts, sugar, glucose solids, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salt.

See anything in here that would kill rodents? I wouldn't expect some of these ingredients in peanut butter. We eat peanuts plain, why would we need sugar in peanut butter? The amount of salt might matter. Hydrogentated vegetable oil will clog arteries over time. I thought cotton seed oil was for things other than eating.

G Williams
On the Roost

Post by G Williams » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:41 am

:pull_hair:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:42 pm

🐿🐿🐿🐿 think they were old . Usin both peanut butters now .luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:45 pm

Shnookie wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:29 pm
After reading this I did a compare of the ingredients in Kraft Smooth peanut butter (the one I usually use) and Great Value peanut butter. I didn't look at the Jiffy peanut butter.

Kraft Smooth
Select roasted peanuts, soybean oil, corn, maltodextrin, sugar, hydrogenated vegetable oil (cotton seed and rapeseed oil), salt, mono and diglycerides.

Great Value
Peanuts, sugar, glucose solids, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salt.

See anything in here that would kill rodents? I wouldn't expect some of these ingredients in peanut butter. We eat peanuts plain, why would we need sugar in peanut butter? The amount of salt might matter. Hydrogentated vegetable oil will clog arteries over time. I thought cotton seed oil was for things other than eating.
They only ate what you'd put on your finger nail over nite . Don't think would be enough of anything in there to terminate them . Old age .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Health”