Book recommendation?

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
MommaChick
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Book recommendation?

Post by MommaChick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:44 pm

Can anyone recommend a great book on poultry diseases? As much as I love the online chicken community, theres nothing quite like being able to grab a book to bring out to the barn. Extra points for links.
Momma to 4 little chicks down on The Farm
Chickens: Standard White Chanteclers, Bantam Rhode Island Reds, Bantam Black Wyandottes.
Rabbits: Black, Broken Black, & Black Otter Rex
Big Critters: Milking Shorthorns (Reg and Grade), Hay burning Horses out back, and one patient man

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Book recommendation?

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:37 pm

The Chicken Health Handbook - Gail Damerow
Sometimes more that you ever wanted to know! Very useful but you have to be able to sift the info or you'll convince yourself they have every problem in it. Wouldn't be without mine though. Does walk you through how to autopsy which is great to be able to do.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

MommaChick
Fuzzy Dinosaur Stage

Book recommendation?

Post by MommaChick » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Thanks Killerbunny, I will look for it. I have and love her hatching book.
Momma to 4 little chicks down on The Farm
Chickens: Standard White Chanteclers, Bantam Rhode Island Reds, Bantam Black Wyandottes.
Rabbits: Black, Broken Black, & Black Otter Rex
Big Critters: Milking Shorthorns (Reg and Grade), Hay burning Horses out back, and one patient man

Return to “Health”