Better stock up on Carbaryl

Forum rules
Any advice in this section should not be taken to overrule advice by a certified licensed veterinarian. You should always consult a veterinarian for treatment or diagnoses of animal disease or injury. The information in this thread is simply the experience of board members and is not to be taken as a substitution for veterinary advice or treatment.
Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Robbie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 8:36 am

Many of the registration uses for Carbaryl (sold as Sevin) are getting yanked- including animal/poultry dusts. Might want to stock up.
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/cps-spc/pubs/pes ... ex-eng.php
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:19 am

Is there a shelf life for Carbaryl?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Robbie
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Robbie » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:26 pm

Kept cool and dry as possible (freezing temps are fine for dusts) in a sealed bag, it should last for several years. carbaryl breaks down rapidly if wet and it will also oxidize.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:38 pm

I went to homehardware this morning. Out of stock. She said they hadn't gotten confirmation on reorder. I didn't know what she was talking about. TSC won't sell it to me and minor bros won't either. Need a pesticide number.
Last edited by SandyM on Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Robbie wrote:QR_BBPOST Kept cool and dry as possible (freezing temps are fine for dusts) in a sealed bag, it should last for several years. carbaryl breaks down rapidly if wet and it will also oxidize.
Good news for me then. I haven't had to crack open my canister yet, and it's been stored in a cool, dry spot. The only thing I didn't do was put it in a sealed bag. Will do that when I get home. Thanks!
Sandy, re: Home Hardware, I think that means that they ran out of stock, put in a reorder and are waiting for confirmation from the warehouse that their order has been processed and will be shipped to them or that the product is on back order from the manufacturer.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

SandyM

Post by SandyM » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:57 pm

I'll have to go in on Monday to see when the shipment is coming in. I'd imagine it will fly off the shelf if everyone finds out.

Return to “Health”