Friendliest Chicken Breed?

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow
Answers: 1

Re: Friendliest Chicken Breed?

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:19 pm

Flat Rock Farm wrote:
WaupoosCowgirl wrote:Ok now I am on mission! I want some!
Whenever you are ready I could set you up with some hatching eggs :wink:
I just googled and we are almost 4 hours apart! But I will be setting up my incubator and doing a test run here soon...had no luck last year but fingers crossed!

How far does the Go Train go now? Hahaha

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:34 pm

I can ship!! :wink: Or can put an ad in the transport section and see if anyone from my way is going your way!! LOL.

WaupoosCowgirl
Starting to Crow

Post by WaupoosCowgirl » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:50 pm

Flat Rock Farm wrote:I can ship!! :wink: Or can put an ad in the transport section and see if anyone from my way is going your way!! LOL.
That is something that I have wondered about...when shipping eggs do you not need to worry about them being scrambled? or stuck n the same position too long?

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:53 pm

Flat Rock Farm wrote:
Flat Rock Farm is responsible for a few of us having the EO madness, LMAO. She has wicked tea too.... and if your lucky... she will dance! (if you visit).

OK.......... I couldn't resist that one, LOL.

(please don't ask her, lol.)

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:13 pm

WaupoosCowgirl wrote:
Flat Rock Farm wrote:I can ship!! :wink: Or can put an ad in the transport section and see if anyone from my way is going your way!! LOL.
That is something that I have wondered about...when shipping eggs do you not need to worry about them being scrambled? or stuck n the same position too long?
When getting eggs shipped it is somewhat a gamble cuz you never know how the box is treated. it is best to expect a 25% hatch rate but there are steps you can take to increase your odds of hatching them. always let them rest a day just dont even touch them. candle them before you set and check for cracks and that the air sac is all intact. dont set any that are cracked. iv bought hatching eggs from a lot of people and as far away as Alberta in the middle of the coldest part of last winter. Iv mostly had great success with shipped eggs. I've recieved them packaged many ways from individually crazily bubble wrapped, in a well wrapped and packaged egg carton and in professional foam egg shippers. all methods work great and iv found out when i first started i was very impatient and eager to set, i didnt wait long enough and those were my worst hatches. a cracked egg here and there is to be expected...

HAHA Iv spent anywhere from $24- $135 on a dozen eggs! iv gambled a lot but im sure iv come out on top.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

Post by Poultryprincess » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:49 pm

The friendliest birds I've ever had ~ Easter Eggers, Naked neck turken, Silkies. I only keep roos that are friendly, so their offspring are generally sweet as well. ( my newest cockeral is a sweet Show Girl....he's just mellow )
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

Robbie
Head Chicken

Post by Robbie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:55 pm

baronrenfrew wrote: Buckeyes: ridiculously tame, annoying almost.
I agree, I'm tired of stepping on them.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Robbie
Head Chicken

Post by Robbie » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:56 pm

Flat Rock Farm wrote:

I did not read that! I did not read that! :doh:
aarghhh FRF you enabler you!
Maybe next year! Once I get this frostbite thing figured out.
:sFun_mornincoffee:

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:16 pm

WaupoosCowgirl wrote:
I am very careful when I ship and have sent them all across the county, with very little damage and even the ones that had wonky air sacs people have had hatch. You are not that far, they shouldn't get too scrambled depending on how the post handles them!!

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:20 pm

Bayvistafarm wrote:
Flat Rock Farm wrote:
Flat Rock Farm is responsible for a few of us having the EO madness, LMAO. She has wicked tea too.... and if your lucky... she will dance! (if you visit).

OK.......... I couldn't resist that one, LOL.

(please don't ask her, lol.)
I love to enable people with EO's, they are truly a great breed other than I have had and so has BVF a couple real :sSig_censored: roosters. I do not breed any aggressive roosters so they do not stay here at my place.

Ya tea sure and a dance LOL, sorry folks inside joke!! Shirley you are bad :lol:

Return to “Behaviour”